Typically, Female Sexual Dysfunction is associated with a low sex drive or trouble having orgasms. However, it isn’t until a person finds these occurrences truly problematic, especially if experiencing more intense symptoms such as painful intercourse, that a diagnosis of Sexual Dysfunction may be made. Female Sexual Dysfunction is when a woman is unhappy with the state of her sexual health. For those looking to reignite their intimate confidence and desire, we have several promising treatment options.
Female Sexual Dysfunction
A woman has female sexual dysfunction, also called FSD, when she is upset or unhappy about her sexual health.
The leading causes of Female Sexual Dysfunction include:
- General Physical Issues (i.e., diabetes, heart disease, or alcohol abuse)
- Gynecological Issues (i.e., endometriosis, cystitis, or chronic pelvic pain)
- Hormonal Issues (i.e., menopause)
- Psychological or Emotional Issues (i.e., trauma, depression, and anxiety)
There are a wide range of treatments for Female Sexual Dysfunction, including:
- Talk therapy and/or counseling
- Lifestyle changes
- At-home exercises under the care of your physician.
- Managing medications (consult your physician about any alterations needed)
- Medications for improved libido
- Estrogen (best managed under the care of a physician)
- Mona Lisa Touch
Consult Drs. Kimble today to determine the best option for you.